Student transfers

Students may transfer between Victorian schools at any time during their VCE studies with the consent of the new school.

Students may transfer into the VCE from interstate during year 11, or up to the beginning of semester two in year 12.

For work completed interstate, the school may make an initial assessment (subject to the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority's confirmation) of the amount of credit granted at Units 1 and 2 level and may apply for credit at Units 3 and 4 level on the student's behalf. For students who have been granted credit at Unit 3 and 4 level, the school may apply to the Certification/Enrolments Unit for a transfer directly into Unit 4. However, no enrolments in Unit 4 will be permitted after the semester's commencement. Note that specific cutoff dates apply each year.

Students may transfer from overseas at any time during year 11, or at the beginning of year 12. Schools may apply to the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority on the student's behalf for credit at Units 1 and 2 level; credit is not available at units 3 and 4 level.