Equivalent Qualifications

The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority issues a Statement of Equivalent Qualification to people who have educational qualifications from overseas that are judged by the Authority to be equivalent to Year 11 or Year 12 level.

The Authority does not assess qualifications above year 12 level; see Other Qualifications, below.

Summary of equivalent qualifications.

See a Sample Statement.

To apply for a Statement of Equivalent Qualification:

  1. complete and sign this application form yourself OR complete and sign this application form on behalf of the applicant AND provide a letter signed by the applicant that states that you are authorised to apply for this information
  2. provide certified copies of original official educational documents. Do not provide original documents. Make sure all your documents are in English. An official translating service is available at Department of Home Affairs.
  3. pay the processing fee of $30.90
  4. allow 2-3 weeks processing time. (A 48 hour service is available for an additional fee of $27.40)

Download application form (pdf - 101.78kb). The application form must be completed and returned either by mail or lodged in person.


Other Qualifications

For assessment of tertiary qualifications contact the Overseas Qualification Unit .

The VCAA does not assess interstate or international teaching qualifications. For an assessment of your teaching qualification, please visit the Assessment of Qualifications for Equivalence webpage.


Note: The document/s linked on this page are Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To open or print the file you will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have this product on your computer, you can download it for free from the Adobe website (www.adobe.com).