The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) is reviewing the F–10 Australian Curriculum, focusing on:
- refining and reducing the content in all eight learning areas, especially for Foundation–Year 6
- improving the quality of content descriptions and achievement standards
- rationalising content elaborations
- improving how the curriculum is presented online.
ACARA's public consultation is open until 8 July 2021. To review the proposed curriculum documents and provide feedback visit ACARA's consultation webpage.
The VCAA is taking a leading role in coordinating Victoria's response to ACARA’s review of the Australian Curriculum.
Working closely with the Department of Education and Training, the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria and Independent Schools Victoria, is seeking feedback directly from teachers, curriculum and school leaders, other key stakeholders and curriculum-area experts to inform Victoria's response to the proposed changes to the Australian Curriculum.
Specifically the VCAA will provide ACARA with feedback to the proposed changes:
- in each of the eight learning areas
- to the Australian Curriculum’s general capabilities
- to the cross-curriculum priorities
- plus any additional feedback and/or constructive advice.
If you would like to contribute to our response to ACARA, please complete the feedback survey.
The VCAA will incorporate feedback into a single, consolidated response and provide it to ACARA in early July 2021.
Note: the review of the Victorian Curriculum F–10 is separate to the Australian Curriculum review. Timelines for reviewing the Victorian Curriculum are to be determined.