Lynne Kosky, former Victorian Education Minister
The VCAA is pleased to call for nominations for the 2022 Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grants.
The grants provide an important financial stimulus to VCAL providers to develop learning initiatives for their students that support lifelong learning and increased community participation.
Principals, VCAL coordinators and teachers are strongly encouraged to apply for a 2022 Lynne Kosky memorial VCAL grant.
Frequently asked questions
What is the Grant?
The Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grants acknowledge the outstanding contribution Lynne Kosky, the former Victorian Education Minister, who passed away in December 2014, made to education and training in Victoria. The Grant replaces the Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Scholarships which were administered by the Department of Education from 2015 – 2017.
How much is each Grant?
Each grant is valued at $6,250.00
How many Grants are available?
Each year the VCAA will provide up to eight (8) Grants.
Who can apply for a Grant?
All registered VCAL providers are eligible to apply for a grant.
What is the aim of the Grant?
The aim of the grant is to provide support to VCAL providers to implement an initiative that will:
- extend student progress and attainment in their VCAL studies.
- increase VCAL student opportunities for lifelong learning.
- enhance VCAL student opportunities for community engagement.
- engage VCAL students in the design, making and/or finishing stages of the initiative.
Applicants will be asked to demonstrate how their proposal meets these aims in the selection criteria.
What will be expected of Grant recipients?
Providers receiving a grant will be expected to spend the grant money within the 2022 school year and submit a report on the success of the initiative that was supported by the grant.
How to apply
- Applicants must answer the
following questions online. There is a 500 word limit for each answer.
- A) Provide a brief summary of the project
- B) How will the grant create new opportunities for lifelong learning by VCAL students?
- C) How will the grant enhance opportunities for VCAL students to foster greater community engagement?
- D) How will VCAL students be involved in the design, making and/or finishing stages of the initiative being funded by the grant?
- The grant application will require the
endorsement of the Principal/CEO (docx - 62.66kb) of the provider for the application to be considered. This signed endorsement must be attached to the online application.
- The Principal/CEO of the provider should refer to the
Victorian Common Funding Agreement Terms and Conditions (docx - 59.9kb) for the grant.
- Upon completing the application online, applicants have an opportunity to download a pdf version of their submission. This will act as a confirmation of acceptance of the application.
Applicants are encouraged to consider:
- In the project summary be explicit about how and where it links to VCAL curriculum, including references to level of qualification and Learning Outcomes being met, and indicate how it supports the aims of your VCAL program eg student independent, real life learning, community connection etc
- being specific about the skills and mindset required for lifelong learning that this project will focus on and indicate how this project will provide new, or different, opportunities for this growth than what is available within your current VCAL program.
- being specific about the nature of the proposed community engagement and what the students will benefit from in this project and indicating how the project will provide new, or different, opportunities for community engagement than what is available within your current VCAL program.
- being specific about how you will work with your VCAL students to personalise your proposal so that it meets the learning needs of your 2022 cohort and indicate where student involvement is going to be key, acknowledging that it will likely be heavier in some aspects and lighter in others.
Grant applications must be submitted online by no later than
5.00pm Monday 25 October 2021
- Grant recipients will be notified as soon as possible after judging and the Minister authorisation of recipients is obtained.
Need assistance in applying for a Grant?
If you are unsure about how to apply or what to include in your application, contact the
VCAL Unit on 9059 5160.
What will not be considered?
- Applications from entities that are not registered VCAL providers as identified on the VRQA State Register.
- Applications for support to individual VCAL students or teachers.
- Initiatives that are already being funded under other government programs.
- Initiatives that are already being implemented if there is no significant change brought about by the grant.
- Initiatives that do not engage VCAL students in the design, making and/or finishing stages
- Initiatives that are for “one off” activities such as camps, events or travel to events.