7 questions to ask yourself
Hospitality – St John’s Regional College
1. What am I passionate about?
‘I’m passionate about good food.’
2. What are my strengths?
‘I’m a legend in the kitchen. People all over the world like my food … on Instagram.’
3. What careers will allow me to follow my passion and develop my strengths?
‘Hospitality is a huge industry. I need to learn more about the different careers and where they can take me.’
4. How can I get a better understanding of different career opportunities?
‘I did work experience at a hotel restaurant during the school holidays. I learnt so much! The food and beverage manager was about to move to Asia and work for a five-star resort. It was really inspiring.’
5. What job opportunities will there be in the future?
‘I had a look online and Hospitality is one of the fastest growing industries.’
6. What qualification will help me get the job I want?
‘I think I’ll start with a Certificate II in Hospitality. I can learn new skills and get more real world experience. Hopefully I can get a good employer reference too.’
7. What are my long-term goals?
‘It’s too soon to know exactly what I want to do. I could work, study, travel … and maybe one day run my own food truck. Right now, I just want to keep my options open. I’ll finish year 12 and get my VET qualification at the same time.’